Aplu - The Original Anti-Acne Mask
$ 12.99 USD
Limited To 4 masks/order due to low supply
During the spring of 2020, face masks were the hottest product since Beanie Babies. Every clothing company had its style of face mask, and we had zero plans on joining the party. As time went on, people kept emailing us to convince us to use our unique materials to make a better face mask. We kept receiving these requests for over two months until finally we caved and decided to make a mask that wasn't annoying to wear. After a few weeks, we produced the Aplu 1.0, the first mask that fixed most of the problems people had with their face mask. The mask helped with the acne problem, it was comfortable to wear for hours, and you could talk with it on without getting into your mouth. Needless to say, it was a hit the moment it was released, and since then, we've kept improving the design based on all the feedback we've received. Thanks to all the input, the Aplu 3.0 is, without a doubt, the most well-crafted mask on the market.
Regardless, we're excited to see that the Aplu has become one of the most respected non-medical face masks in the world. We have nurses, pilots, surgeons, CEOs, models, musicians, and even NASA employees using and loving the Aplu. We're shocked and excited to be getting so much love because of a mask we almost didn't release.
*March 1st, 2021 Update* We discovered that 2/100 of our customers have still developed acne while wearing the Aplu, so we're excited to release a new version that's 300% more acne-fighting. The new Aplu 4.0 is the most acne-fighting mask in the world; it's so effective that it could even help clear your face of the Maskne you might have already developed. This new mask is also the most expensive mask we've ever created, so only order it if your face is very acne-prone. Along with making the Aplu 4.0 more acne-fighting, we've also made it 2x as sturdy, so it barely moves when you're breathing; that way, it can be useful for extreme sports like running outside now that the weather is better.
Are you ready to upgrade to the only mask you won't mind wearing? Treat yourself and upgrade to Aplu to get unique benefits like:
- Comfortable for Extended Periods: We initially created our masks for nurses and service workers who have to wear masks for hours at a time, so the Aplu is very comfortable to wear for an extended period of time.
- Perfect Face Fit: We designed our masks to fit your face perfectly. We noticed a significant issue with most masks that we tested was that they pushed against your mouth, making talking difficult. So, we created the Aplu to perfectly fit most faces while also giving your mouth enough space to chat comfortably. This unique design results in a very comfortable fit and is why the moment anyone tries our masks, it instantly becomes their favorite.
- Acne Fighting: During our design process, we noticed that many non-single use masks were causing acne around where the mask touches people's faces. So, while creating the Aplu, we made sure to use our HercFiber material on the main area that touches your face, limiting the growth of acne-causing bacteria and fighting to reduce your chances of getting mask-caused acne.
- Replaceable Filter: One of the most requested changes is for the Aplu to be washable with soap and for the filter to be replaceable. So our new/current version has replaceable filter so the masks can be washed with soap and the filter can be replaced after extended use. Each mask sold includes one filter. If you'd like to order more filters, check out our Aplu Mask Filter product page.
- Adjustable Straps: One size does not fit all, so all our masks come with adjustable straps that you can shorten or lengthen to make your mask more comfortable for you. When Covid-19 started, we were using 3M's N95 masks that didn't offer any adjustments with the straps' length, and we hated it, so we made sure not to make that mistake.
- Neck (Comfort) Option: After a special request by Wen's Grandfather and a pilot, we've added the option for neck-straps. Neck-straps are recommended for people who have to wear a mask for multiple hours, are traveling, have hearing-aids, or want to give their ears a freaking break. Let's be honest, ears are not made to handle the pressure of a mask pulling it all day long, and so we're excited to offer our more comfortable adjustable neck option.
- 100 Days Maskne-Free Guarantee (Aplu 4.0 only): While all versions of the Aplu mask are designed to fight acne, we made the final version (Aplu 4.0) to be 300% more anti-acne for people with very acne-prone skin. This new version also comes with a 100-day maskne guarantee; so, if you develop maskne while wearing the Aplu 4.0, we'll give you your money back.
- 30 Days Risk-Free Guarantee: We want you to be happy, so if you receive your Aplu mask and aren't enjoy it, we'll be happy to refund your order.
We know how challenging it is to find the perfect fit, so we made three different sizes.
- X-Small/Small (7.8 x 5.1 in): Fits some ladies and most kids
- Medium (9.4 x 5.5 in): Fits most men without a beard and most ladies
- Large/X-Large (9.4 x 6.1 in): Fits most people with a beard
Note: If you order a small and get an X-Small, they're the exact same size (read sizes above).
As a company, we like to be as transparent as possible about all aspects of our products because we believe honesty is everything, and we don't want you to buy something unless you love it. So, we want to tell you the downsides of our products to save you time and money. Plus, our materials are very hard and expensive to make, so we would like to reduce the waste that comes with returns. Regardless, here are the downsides to the Aplu Mask:
Not as soft as cloth masks: When making the Aplu, our priority was safety, comfort, and hygiene. These three requirements limited our ability to use softer materials like some cloth masks on the market.
Sometimes feels wet: Since our masks have such a secure seal, that is great for your safety but not great for wearing it outside. If you're the type to go on a run/hike with a mask on, these will not be great for you because your warm breath and the cold air might make the mask feel a bit wet due to condensation.
They stick out from your face: While this is a benefit for 99% of our customers, there are some who don't want a mask that sticks out at all. We designed our mask to stick out a bit from your face so you don't have to constantly taste your mask whenever you decide to talk and also it limits the chance of the mask causing acne on your skin.
It can fog your glasses: Depending on how you shape the mask to be on your face, they can sometimes cause your glasses to fog up.